Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My key fob for a keyless model stopped working. I have two.

My key fob for...

My key fob for a keyless model stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

I have two . they both stopped working at the same time. i started the car and left it to warm up and now i cannot get back in. its sitting in my driveway running.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2015 crossover

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried getting in close proximity which usually unlocks the doors, tried locking/unlocking with the buttons on the fob,tried the other fobtoo.

3/7/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

Your keyfob has a mechanical key hidden in it. Remove the mechanical key, then remove the cover on the driver side door handle to insert the key and unlock the door with the key.

Here is a pic of the key and where it is in the fob.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

My phone is locked in the car.

No need for a call, did you see my reply?

Hello? Did this resolve your issue?

Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Thanks , Mike! U da best!

You are very welcome, I would say there may be some issue with the fobs not working, unless they won't work when the car is running. It's possible they just aren't made to work when it's running!

Thank you for the rating.