Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

2007 Subaru Forestor AWD light on & tachometer is inop

Customer's question: While driving the all wheel drive warning lamp comes on, when this happens, the tachometer stops working

Mechanic's answer: Found diagnostic trouble codes stored related to concern. Supplied pinpoint tests for warning codes. Customer to run through tests to isolate fault

Read full interaction below »

My AT temp lite stays on and the tach quits wen lite comes on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

AT temp light, and when it comes on the tach quits and the AWD light comes on as well

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

07 forester

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am, gone thru looking for grnd issues,unpluggd and cleand plug on side of tranny,new batt

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My scanner is indicating low input circuit for speed sensor,O2 sensor,and park/nuetral circuit as well,codes are P0502, P0851

3/1/2018
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, besides these two codes, is there a fault indicated with the temperature sensor? Does you scan tool have the ability to look at live sensor data?

the only other fault codes are O2s, EGR, CAT, EVA, and it wont do live data

what are the exact codes stored?

Park neutral input circuit low. code P0851. ..oxy sensor range low and high. . . .speed sensor circuit input low code P0502
when the car is cold and you start it everything is fine except the check eng lite keeps flashing, then when the car warms up, the tach quits, the tran oil temp lite comes on and the AWD light comes on,
I meant what are the codes for the egr and cat etc. To make a proper diagnosis I need to know all codes that are coming up besides those 2 you are working on. When the check engine light flashes, that indicates a severe engine misfire and Will set misfire codes
the only two numerical codes are the ones i gave, so far nothing else is popping up numericaly
Then what do you mean about other fault codes???
the only other codes are the symbols egr, cat, o2 and eva

Ok here are the pinpoint tests for the two trouble codes. I would concentrate on the 851 code and see if there is any issues with the wiring. Follow the tests for both codes as you can since you cant look at live sensor data.

If you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful, please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

thankyou i will start digging, one other thing when i have the key on and motor off the cooling fan goes off and on and theres a clicking in the altenator that coincides w the fans actions
Double check basics. Battery state of charge and ground connections. That's either a low voltage or computer fault for the fans. A network test of all the computers should be done if the pinpoint tests for the codes you have don't show a failure.
thankyou i will look for ground issues again, hopefully i missed something, have a good wknd and maybe have a bit of good news in a couple days
You are welcome. Good luck. If I was helpful. Please leave a positive rating.
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Technician

Thank you!