Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

2006 outback llbean, 145k miles. Was told all 4 struts leak.

2006 outback llbean, 145k...

2006 outback llbean, 145k miles. Was told all 4 struts leak. What is effect if I ignore? Cost id eye-popping,I'm retitefd on fixed income

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

Is .retired

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Some fluid changes. What if I ignore this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Worst case scenario, and price range.

2/27/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

It is about a 5 hours labor and $500 in parts so about $1000 total depending on where you go. Once shocks start to get worse vehicle will seem to bounce around when it hits bumps but if you aren't noticing any problems with the way it drives I wouldn't be too concerned. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have questions, thanks.

$$ is an issue for me, retired. What happens if I ignore this?

It will seem to bounce around when you hit bumps, that is about it. If you aren't noticing a problem then I wouldn't worry about it. For suspension there are springs and struts. The vehicle rides on the springs and the struts control the amount of bounce springs have. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Thanks. Big relief.

No problem, I'm happy to help. Thanks again and have a good night.

Please do not forget to rate answer, thanks.

Dan, Technician