Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Forester XT. I parked it in my driveway in…

Hi. I have...

Hi. I have a 2014 Forester XT. I parked it in my driveway in Colorado on Thursday night, and haven’t driven it since. Everything was perfect. I’m now out of town, and my wife tried to open and start it this morning. The automatic locks don’t work (no way to open using the fob buttons), and nothing happens when turning the key. Hmmmm. Thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The key is fine. My wife used both her key and mine. I’ll ask my wife about the wheel. she’s checking

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Colorado?

2014 Forester XT. Not a Chevy Colorado. Yes, can turn the wheel of it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Colorado yourself? What have you tried so far?

It’s a Subaru Forester XT. I’ve tried nothing yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope. Thanks.

2/18/2018
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

More than likely based on the comments you stated, the battery is likely weak is dead. Can she check the battery voltage or try a jump start?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician