Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have 2016 Subaru legacy with Subaru key-fob remote

Customer Question
Hi, I have 2016 Subaru...
Hi, I have 2016 Subaru legacy with Subaru key-fob remote starter. Is there a way to make the car not turn off when I open the door? Like any Jeep or GMC cars? So I want just to open the door and insert the key and drive, no need to start the engine again
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Subaru
2/16/2018
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 5 months ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I'm going to do my best to help you today.To make sure I don't miss anything give me a minute to review you question.

Hi,the factory system will not allow this to happen,ever since Subaru has offered a remote starter this feature has always been programmed into the modules and there is no way to get around it,sorry.Most customers will elect to have a aftermarket unit installed which will allow this plus have a much farther range of operation.This feature is all for safety and security as per Subaru.

I'm well aware of that as well as most internet website and Subaru dealerships. The reason I submitted a request here is that I'm looking for a way around it please
Subaru Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The first expert did give a way around the issue. If you're unhappy with the way that the factory system operates then the way around it would be to have an aftermarket system installed with the features that you would like.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.