Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a Subaru Tribecca, I got stuck in a ditch on some ice…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a Subaru Tribecca, I got stuck in a ditch on some ice the other day and now the car will barely move forward, moves slightly faster in reverse, and rolls in park. It made some noise when put into park. ABS light and antiskid light on as well as the sport light is flashing. Is this the Transmission, or could it be wiring or something simple.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just the ABs

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Tribeca?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tribeca yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we will be fixing it ourselves. What is sad is we were backing out of the garage after replacing the axles and a caliper. We have been nickel and diming this car back to life. It is a wonderful car and runs great. We did put a JDM engine in it a few months ago, as well as replaced the Sylanoids with OEM Sylanoids. We have not even been able to get the car back into the garage as it will not move forward. We will have to pull it to get it back to garage.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Tires do not seem to be spinning like they should.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
There are no codes on an scanner
1/16/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Use your scan tool to monitor the wheel speed sensors while driving. Do all register the same speed?

Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.