Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I replaced the battery and it does nothing. I can't even…

Customer Question
I replaced the battery...

I replaced the battery and it does nothing. I can't even turn the key and put it in neutral. 2011 Forester

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The steering wheel moves, I've tried multiple keys and no lights or anything comes on when you open the door

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

We had the battery tested and it needed to be replaced. I tried to jump the vehicle before I replaced the battery and that's when everything had shut down. I replaced the battery and still nothing. That's all I've done so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Subaru
1/9/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

I will try to help you with this issue

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions

do you have a test light , can you check the fuses under hood fuse box ?

you rechecked the battery terminals for being tight not loose or corroded ?

do you have scanner ?

it seems we have no power from outside fuse box to inside cabin ?

was there any spark when you tried to jump it before you replace battery

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW FUSE BOX LOCATION AND BATTERY RR PROCEDURE

LETS START HERE AND WE GO FROM THERE

this the Power supply wiring diagram , we have a main 120 amp fuse ,we need to check that first ?

click on link to view pdf file for diagram

The 120 Amp Fuse is good. Would the electrical problem also be the cause of why I can't shift it in to Neutral?
offcourse the shifter Lock release solenoid not being power up so it want shift
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat