Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

All of a sudden my electronic. All of a sudden, many remote,

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden my electronic.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

All of a sudden, many remote, an

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Subaru?

My remote starter stays lit and k reps starting only car. Please help

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Remote starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Matt racer keeps I'm sedentary ki

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car keeps turning onv

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Subaru
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2013 outback
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is only the light on the remote starter
1/9/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. May I have the vehicle information including engine size, please, so that I may check for probable causes? Also, when you say the light stays lit, is this the light on the dash or on the key fob? Is this an after market remote starting system or did it come with the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I wrapped the remote in aluminum foil to block the signal. That seems to have worked

I completely understand. So this means that the remote is more than likely at faulty. I'm guessing you do not need assistance anymore, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s a 4 cylinder engine and the light is only on the key fob.it is a Subaru factory remote starting unit

Here, I am attaching the the electrical information for the circuits. What is happening is that the transmitter in continuously sending a signal to the receiver and causing the starter to engage. This is why when you blocked out the signal it cured the issue. What needs to happen is you will want to open up the transmitter and inspect to see if there are any damages or pieces inside that will cause the button to stay depressed. If there is not apparent cause, then you will need to replace the key fob. I am assuming that you have another key also. You should remove the battery from the faulty key and use the second key(if you have one). This will cure the issue. The only other cause would be for the BCM or the keyless module to be causing this issue.

Here, I have attached the electrical information to give you a better understanding along with the battery removal and key replacement information.

I am suspecting the issue to be in the key itself and it will need to be repaired or replaced.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician