Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 09' Forester will not start. The battery levels read

Customer Question
My 09' Forester will...

My 09' Forester will not start. The battery levels read fine, some times the car will crank when I attempt to start it, sometimes I put the key in the ignition and nothing happens. It sat for around two weeks in a parking garage and temperatures were colder than normal, mid 20s or so.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I just had AAA Battery Service come out and the battery levels read fine and show no signs of corrosion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will most likely tow it to the dealer, but I am also trading it in in two days for a new one. Trying to do any means of troubleshooting

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Subaru
1/8/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Have you checked all of the fuses?

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated. Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more. A 3 star or higher rating would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.