Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I'm trying to replace the driver's rear hub on my 2011

Customer Question
I'm trying to replace...

I'm trying to replace the driver's rear hub on my 2011 Outback, can't get the hub separated from the brake plate. What is the most effective method?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Subaru Outback. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Nothing comes to mind.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Subaru
1/6/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Tims Auto Repair, mechanic replied 7 months ago
Tims Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

you need to get a little rough with it..use a hammer to beat around the hub to jar the brake shoes,,then pry it off,,again you may need to get a little rough.

if it is stil sticking,,remove the adjusting hole plug and loosen the brake shoes,,this will release the hub

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gha1nkwftljur6w/0105-subaruRear%20Disc%20Rotor.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/gha1nkwftljur6w/0105-subaruRear%20Disc%20Rotor.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help