Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I just got done pumping gas, but for the first couple

Customer Question
Hi I just got...

Hi I just got done pumping gas, but for the first couple seconds I accidentally left the key in. Now my 2011 outbsck won't start. The key turns but the engine doesn't rev. And I can't get the key out. I have somewhere to be what do I do

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The wheel turns yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2011 outback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Can I call yoy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Subaru
1/6/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Let's try a reset to see if that helps. Remove both battery cables, hold them together for one minute, then 5 minutes later reconnect them to the battery. Start the vehicle and let me know if any issues remain.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician