Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Hatch running light not working but brake light does work.

Customer Question
Hatch running light not...

Hatch running light not working but brake light does work. bulbs and fuses look good all other lights work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Yes i topped it off day before yesterday it was pretty much full though

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

99 subaru forester L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried turning parking light on the steering column off and on to no avail . and i checked the bulbs in the rear and all the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My brakes have been really bad lately and the pads are less than a year old not sure if that is important. and the bushing for my clutch pedal wore down and the spring bolt fell out but i put it back up there and the car is the same so not sure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have a vin number I can look up a proper diagram on ?