Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

3 second intake valve is not going down with the other. The…

Customer Question
3 second intake valve...

3 second intake valve is not going down with the other

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

The heads were just returned from the machine shop & installed with new head gasket and bolts

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2012 Outback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

After I installed the heads, and adjusted the valves, when I started it I heard the valve noise and drop the valve cover that's when I noticed that the second valve wasn't going down

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's about it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Subaru
1/6/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** the valves are properly adjusted and the #3 intake valve is not moving you will need to remove the rocker arm assembly and inspect the arms and the camshaft lobes. Either an arm is bad or the cam lobe is wiped out.

Let me know if you have any questions.