Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2002 forrester and the check engine light is on. I…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 forrester and the check engine light is on. I took to a mechanic they're telling the head gasket is blown. I have had a rebuilt engine put in this car last july.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Subaru?

Forrester

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I cannot fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well the guy yesterday at the mechanic pressure checked the engine cylinder and said he detected a leak. He said he checked for hydrocarbons around the radiator and detected hydrocarbons. Now today the check engine light is still on but the car is running at normal temp.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Subaru
1/5/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Do you happen to know what code is causing the check engine light to be on?