Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2002 forrester and the check engine light is on. I…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 forrester and the check engine light is on. I took to a mechanic they're telling the head gasket is blown. I have had a rebuilt engine put in this car last july.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Subaru?

Forrester

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I cannot fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well the guy yesterday at the mechanic pressure checked the engine cylinder and said he detected a leak. He said he checked for hydrocarbons around the radiator and detected hydrocarbons. Now today the check engine light is still on but the car is running at normal temp.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Subaru
1/5/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Do you happen to know what code is causing the check engine light to be on?

Kevin C.
Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.