Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Security light on and err 55 on odometer. The light is

Customer Question
Security light on and...

Security light on and err 55 on odometer

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

The light is solid

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '55 Subaru?

2008 Subaru outback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I thought it need to be jumped because at first it would start to turn over and then die. It the battery is fine. Just want to start the car and go home.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I’m in a snow storm/ flood

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 1 month ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I'm going to do my best to help you today.To make sure I don't miss anything give me a minute to review you question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

I​t sounds like you have a immobilizer issue causing the no start, the error code in the dash is SS representing a speed sensor fault which would not cause a no start,my first question would be do you have another key to try?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not with me. I am in MA in the snow storm and we also had a flood. The water didn’t go over the tires but got pretty high.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My hope is it will start in the morning so I can go home

H​ow much water entered the car if any?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t know

W​e sometimes have problems when the floor gets wet soaking a tpms module located under driver seat this module if shorted can cause many problems including shorting which can cause a no start and different electrical concerns,it would be best to get it to a dry garage if possible I know this storm is going to be pretty severe.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I’ll have it towed tomorrow if it doesn’t start.

Stay warm and please be safe!

tamaz
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician