Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I need to replace my rear hub and bearings i want to make…

Customer Question
i need to replace my...
i need to replace my rear hub and bearings i want to make sure i got all the right tools and any extra lubrications, anti seize ,thteadlock and their proper color codes for strength of threadlock .new hub nuts washers ect. ect
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Subaru
1/3/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall . I am working on your question now and will return shortly with information. Thanks

I am having trouble uploading the repair information so I need to reset my computer, I will send that file asap, here is some information in the time being. I should have the repair file sent within 10 minutes, Sorry for the delay

Ok, what I have done is attached a full factory repair information link.It shows all steps involved. As far as tools? the main one would be a toque wrench capable of 177 ft lbs to tighten the axle nut, You can usually rent one at parts stores. Tools? you need a set of metric sockets and metric wrenches, No way for me to say what each and every one should be. Most of the bolts are no larger than 17mm. The axle nut? they used 3 different sizes. You need to measure across the nut in MM. normally 30 mm but could be 32 mm and all parts stores sell the socket for the nut. You will not be using any thread lock , You can put never seize on the axle shaft when you go back together but nothing is required. The axle nut is staked to hold it from loosening. You will see all this in the repir information. Here is the link on how to change the hub bearing assembly

Ok, finally got it, I have attached the file link showing the repair

Rate my service by using the stars at the top of the page. Just Answer can only compensate me for my time and resources after feedback rating thus rating is required . Rating includes any follow-up questions you may have once you leave feedback rating. Free trials and member questions still require a service rating
Thank you so much!Randall

Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician