Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a rattle when engine running. Just from the engine…

Customer Question
I have a rattle...

I have a rattle when engine running

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just from the engine area and just started right now

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2006 outback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

No and nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Subaru Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what was your specific question?

Is it normal to develop a fluttering noise? And what ideas do you think it could be? It does it is soon as you start the car.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

no, it isn't normal

could be many things - loose heat shield, loose wiring, bad belt driven component, something internal to the engine, etc.

I would suggest having the vehicle run on a hoist so the noise can be traced with a mechanics stethoscope

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.