Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2017 forester. If I leave my keys in the car for…

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a 2017 forester. If I leave my keys in the car for even an hour my battery goes dead. I can see if I left the keys in overnight but 1 hr. Whadda think? Ann

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

At advanced auto (today). They said it is a good battery but needs to be charged.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

What does that mean

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I am not fixing myself just need direction. had it inspected last week and dealer said it happened because the keys keep the computer running and that was why. But 1 hr seems a little short to me.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Subaru
12/31/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 6 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** battery may load test good, and still have a bad cell, have you charged the battery back up and did a load test on a fully charged battery?