Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

My 08 subaru wont rev up. push gas pedal revs a bit than…

Customer Question
My 08 subaru wont...

My 08 subaru wont rev up . push gas pedal revs a bit than spits n sputters

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

From about 21 to 18 mpg

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Subaru?

Forster 4cyl non turbu

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am . i disconnected rear cat and put a ground back on . it started while driving down eway at about 75 mph then loss of power n now cac idles lower i belive and no throttle (revs a little then starts to bog in sputter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It will rev to around 2000 than starts its boggin g

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Subaru
12/30/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This usually means the catalytic converter is clogged. Remove front oxygen sensor completely from exhaust and if that allows rpm to go higher you know the converter is clogged and needs to be replaced. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician