Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 2018 Forester backup camera is hazy and not crystal

Customer Question
My 2018 Forester backup...

My 2018 Forester backup camera is hazy and not crystal clear,

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

Came with the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Forester?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, I don't know where the camera is located

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Subaru
12/27/2017
Subaru Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 6 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** have seen this a few times on this vehicle. The issue is usually with the camera lens. Depending on how the vehicle was stored on the lot what typically happens is that the sun causes oxidation on the lens of the camera. There really is no good way to clean it off and you should take it back to the dealer to have it replaced under warranty. If you try cleaning it or scratch it they can void your warranty. If you want to check the cleanliness of it the camera is above the license plate to the drivers side next to the license plate light. Unfortunately this occurs just from the vehicle constantly sitting in the same position as the dealer. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance as I strive for an excellent rating. Thank you.