Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 03 Outback is having problems. After running fine up

Customer Question
until I parked it 2...
My 03 Outback is having problems. After running fine up until I parked it 2 days ago, trying to start it today, it cranked, fired, idled and ran for just 10 seconds or so before cutting out. I cranked it again, more difficult to start this time although it fired and again idled for a similar amount of time before dying again. Upon next attempt I applied throttle once it started only to find it hesitating and spluttering like it was starving of fuel until it again died?? I thought maybe fuel/fuel pump related so disconnected fuel supply line from tank to injector rail and operated key to check if fuel was reaching that point. Plenty of fuel flushed from line. Removed and checked idle control valve for obvious gunk or deposits. Nothing overly concerning here either. Any suggestions appreciated. Only environmental factors are we have travelled from sea level to approximately 1000metres. Car was previously running perfectly fine. Any help??
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
12/26/2017
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 4 months ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I'm going to do my best to help you today.To make sure I don't miss anything give me a minute to review you question.

Is the weather damp?It's possible we are losing spark causing the hard start and running.While you are cranking engine does the check engine light shut off?

tamaz
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician