Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Drained the cvt on 2014 impreza by mistake changing the

Customer Question
engine oil, appears about 6qts of...
drained the cvt on 2014 impreza by mistake changing the engine oil,
appears about 6qts of fluid drained
manual says 13.1qt is capacity
need to know where fill plug is located
and correct amount?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Subaru
12/23/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall . I am working on your question now, I will reply shortly..You may get a popup about a phone call, It is up to you but bear in mind I can not send diagrams etc over the phone. You are welcome to use the call feature but not required. Thanks

Ok, first, you will need a hand fluid pump or a flex funnel may be possible, The correct way is with a hand fuid pump you can buy at most any parts store. Once you have that and fluid? you need to follow the directions in this link I have attached. You do NOT need a scan tool , just start and run engine for a short bit till it is warming up. Add fluid as noted in the link I have included. NO way to say how mush you need to add, It is not possible for me to say but if you feel 6 qts? have a little more than that onhand.. A hand fluid pump? it is a small hand pump with a hose on the end. You draw fuid into it and push handle to add through the fill hole. Here is the file link. What you did is NT uncommon, We see this all the time so do not feel bad

Please Rate my service I have provided today using the stars at top of your screen. Rating at this time allows us to continue with any followups you may have in THIS chat post for free. I am here to help in any way I can . Thanks for a positive rating. Thanks,Randall

The fill plug is allen head and seems extremely tight?

yes, forget size, can not remember all of them and yes, if maybe never removed/ it will be tight but an allen rarely strips thus why it is used, I think 10 mm but sorry if wrong

Please Rate my service I have provided today using the stars at top of your screen.

if it holds 13
how come only approx. 6 came out?

in shop we use a socket allen so we have more leverage using a racthet. OR one can sip a small pipe on end of allen wrench for leverage

Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician