Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

2001 SUBARU FORESTEER ,CODE PO456,HOW I CK.CANISTER SOLENOID…

Customer Question
2001 SUBARU FORESTEER ,CODE PO456,HOW...
2001 SUBARU FORESTEER ,CODE PO456,HOW I CK.CANISTER SOLENOID VALVE?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Subaru
12/22/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This code means there is a small leak in evap system, usually means the fuel cap or the fuel filler tube is leaking. To test the vent solenoid you will need a vacuum pump. With power/ground applied to solenoid it should hold vacuum then when disconnecting power/ground it should allow vacuum to pass through it. Best way to diagnose this problem is a smoke test which will check system for leaks, this is about $100 to have done at a shop. I would consider just replacing the fuel cap to see if that helps. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.

Dan, Technician