Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 2011 Subaru Legacy after a 200 mile trip to see my

Customer Question
My 2011 Subaru Legacy...

My 2011 Subaru Legacy after a 200 mile trip to see my daughter, the next morning a loud engine noise, popping, and static came from stereo speakers, and could hear acceleration of engine as well.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It has been a week and the Subaru dealer service center said it was the Amplifier and the part alone was 645.00

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?

It turns out it was covered on my extended warranty, they finally got the part only to find that it was not the issue.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Subaru
12/22/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Something has happened with a ground or one of the wires allowing this to occur, pull the radio and remove the antenna and try to play a cd or aux and see if it is still happening