Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

2006 subaru baja no responce heater will not turn on acts…

Customer Question
2006 subaru baja no...

2006 subaru baja no responce heater will not turn on acts like there is no voltage going to control group

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Baja yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is no power going to the climate group

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The site is going to prompt you for a call. Please know no call is required and if a call is needed, we will agree to it.

Do you have a test light or volt meter so we can do some testing?

Ok thanks,

give me just a couple minutes to pull up the wiring diagram.

I assume the head unit is not powering up at all?

then why did you tell me to call !

lol, I didn't I told you a call isn't needed with my opening statement and that the site would try to promote the call.

Start by checking fuse #12 and fuse #17 both in the inside panel.

I don't do the calls because of a severe hearing loss. Sorry for the confusion.

Let me know on the fuses.

fuses are good
anything else?

Looks like the unit will have to come out and check for power on the violet wire and there is a green/blue striped wire that will have power with the key on, or should I should say.

Check it and let me know.

vertcal or horizontal

Not sure I understand your question. Pull the control head and check those two wires for power.

if they don't

Then there has to be a break in the wires. I suspect the issue is going to be the control head itself, but it is possible those wires have broken for some reason. It would just be really odd is all.

Try fuse #17 in the fuse box under the hood first. Looks like that one could be a problem as well.

two wiring conections on up and down ,one horizontal
but which connector ?

There should be a 20 pin connector grey in color plugged into it with those two wire colors in the highlighted positions.

nothing

Did you check fuse #17 in the box under the hood?
Also, can you check and make sure the other fuses are actually powering up?

It's good , as I can see

But can you test them for power please? Both sides of the fuses should have power.

no blown fuses checked the entire box just in case
the head was easy to get out
sorry forget the call putting it back will try someone local

Since you aren't really telling me if the fuses have power I can't be sure but it would have to be one or more broken wires going to the unit. The one wiring diagram I was on said 17 in the box under the hood is the power source with the key on. Perhaps the wire coming out of the box has broken for some reason. Sometimes they do corrode inside the box and break. I think you will have to start there and try to find the power loss. This is the green/blue striped wire out of that box into the control head.

the fuses have power ! forget it

No problem and best of luck. Sorry I wasn't able to help, but at this point you are going to have to find the broken wire. That's just not something I can do for you from here.

Happy Holidays!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician