Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

2002 outback- no power to blower motor -replaced

Customer Question
2002 outback- no power...

2002 outback- no power to blower motor -replaced resistor-still no power to motor but have 12v to resistor-what next?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

3 terminals on resistor harness- 2 terminal have 12v

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes - so far bought resistor and motor- checked all relays and fuses ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What to check next

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Subaru
12/18/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

The fuse 17 controls the main power supply to the blower motor, have you checked the fuses? It goes from fuse 17, to the blower relay. The resistor only controls the ground portion of the blower motor.

I have checked fuse 17 and the rest allgood
Then if the circuit is good the. You should have power and ground going to the blower and that means the blower has failed since power and ground all test good
I have replaced the blower and resister and still no go
I’ll go back and read the diagrams and get back to you this evening

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0k7bqugfiz40ftq/blowers.pdf?dl=0

Here is the routing where the power goes to relay, If relay checks out good then you should have power, if you do not, then you need to run power to it