Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

We have a 2017 forester. The steering wheel is totally

Customer Question
We have a 2017...

We have a 2017 forester. The steering wheel is totally locked! We can’t wiggle it or turn the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

I’m not sure wht you mean?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

We tried turning the key in the ignition with foot in brake and turning wheel at th samentime

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it - ignition won’t turn at all steering wheel is completely locked

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Subaru
12/16/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Is the vehicle parked on an incline with the front wheels turned?

Do you still need help?