Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2015 Subaru Outback Limited. My CD player suddenly…

Customer Question
I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 Subaru Outback Limited. My CD player suddenly stopped working and disappeared from my entertainment center display.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am hoping there is something that I can easily do to get it to display again and hope that once it displays on the entertainment dashboard it will work. So far I've stopped and restarted the engine. I've used the radio and bluetooth options on my entertainment center hoping that the CD will just come back but it has not.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No. Is there a fuse for just the CD player?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Subaru
12/15/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Boxer54
Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Does this vehicle have navigation?
Actually, I've looked over the wiring diagrams for both systems. The CD player is not independent from the head unit for either model. Unfortunately, that means there is a failure of some sort inside the unit. I did check for service bulletins for a possible software issue that an update may fix and I didn't find anything pertaining to the condition you have. Your best option is to get an exchange unit for your vehicle. This option is through your dealers parts department and will cost much less than paying for a brand new unit.