Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My subaru forester 2008 2,5 Lts has serious problems related…

Customer Question
My subaru forester 2008...

My subaru forester 2008 2,5 Lts has serious problems related to engine malfunctioning. computer says that oxygen sensor and the two camshaft sensors must be replaced. Are there two camshaft sensors? or just one?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

I did understand that there is just one oxygen senros and the wires are in good shape apparently

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am in colombia, south america and have not been succesufl with subaru dealers. the diagnostic computer says that the oxygen sensor and the right hand side camshaft sensors are broken. the car has a serious engine problem as from time to time its performance is erratic and unpredictable; the engine accelerates suddenly itself or looses power

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have been subaru loyal owner of five vehicles since 1983 buth this one is getting me in real trouble as i cant trust in it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Subaru
12/15/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. This vehicle only has one camshaft sensor on it. Here, I am attaching location information along with the information for replacing this sensor.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.