Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

After coming to a stop this morning, the car hardly moves in…

Customer Question
After coming to a...

After coming to a stop this morning, the car hardly moves in 1st or 2nd. I have a 2008Outback with a CVT

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2008 outback limited 2.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent decided if I should take it in or not. I turned back on my drive to work and took our other car and will look into more this evening

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
12/8/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok when you get home check the fluid level and if there are any leaks under the vehicle and let me know what you find

ok I will. I do know that it is due for a CVT fluid change.

how many miles are on the car and how often have you have the cvt serviced?

145,000 miles. It has been 40,000 since last change. before that always on time

oh thats very good! I commend you on your upkeep on the vehicle! So hopefully its just a low fluid condition and a fluid service will get new fluid in and back to the appropriate levels,

hows it coming?

Subaru Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician