Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

The blue dashboard lights keep flashing and I cannot turn…

Customer Question
Hi, the blue dashboard...

Hi, the blue dashboard lights keep flashing and I cannot turn the car on or off and it won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No, how would I do that?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2015 Subaru legacy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, I'm just trying to get everything off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so, just that the 2 blue lights on the dashboard including the one on around the mph radar keeps flashing, and the button to turn on the car stays green

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Subaru
Also, the key is not working
Now the dashboard lights are off but the button to turn on the engine stays green and car won't start
12/2/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what question did you have?

What do I do? My engine ignition button stays green, and the car won't turn on. The dashboard lights behind the 2 radars including the mph were constantly flashing blue, but now they are off
the key won't work

how did this present itself? did it juts happen after the blue? as you were turning the car off? something else?

The car was partially off, meaning the radio and stuff was on but the engine was off. Music was playing, then the car just flicked off all of a sudden and that's when the flashing blue dashboard lights started happening

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

it sounds like you may simply have a weak battery, I would suggest a jump start or charging the battery if you have not. also check battery cables and connections to ensure all are clean and tight.

if the issue persists, then it is likely an electrical system failure of some king, perhaps melting at the power distribution box.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert