Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Where can I get a 2010 forester XT ECU. I tried chancing out…

Customer Question
Where can I get...

Where can I get a 2010 forester XT ECU

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I tried chancing out my crankshaft senror but still not turning over

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Subaru Forester. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Thats it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
11/29/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you are having issue with this vehicle. What all have you tried and has the vehicle been scanned for trouble codes? If so, what were the codes that were retrieved?

I have it at my normal mechanic and he tried changing out the crankshaft sensor and it didnt start the car..They are telling me that it is the ECU that has gone bad and they want 1500.00 to repair it...
Hard for me to believe that the ECU just stops after only 106M miles and there no other solution

I understand. Give me a moment to retrieve part and labor pricing information for you. Is this turbo or non-turbo?

its the forester XT turbo

Great. I will also check for TSBs and Recalls, just in case.

Although, I can tell you now. $1500 does sound a little shaky.

I was about to fall over I fgured a ECU ok 500.00 labor abother 500.00
why wouldnt the diagnostics bring the ECU up showing it not working?

Here, I am attaching the parts and labor information for you. The labor is listed in hours and depends on the hourly rate of the shop. Even if the shop charges $150 per hour, $150 for programming, you still should not be paying $1500. I am also attaching a part listing link for you. https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru__/UNIT-EGI-CONTROL/49232718/22765AA371.html

The scan tool will just provide codes, and based on the codes provided, certain testing is performed. Depending on what part of the testing fails determines whether the ECU is the issue.

.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.