Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

2006 Subaru is blow cool air no heat. Happening now.

Customer Question
2006 Subaru is blow...

2006 Subaru is blow cool air no heat

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Yes happening now

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Subaru?

Outback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

My son is 500 miles away. At auto parts getting coolent

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Real don't know how to add or check coolent

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you ,I will try to help you with this issue

now we going to have to check coolant level, if we low then he will loses heat from heater core ?

is the car overheating now or just no heat ?

if can not add coolant can he take it to a Firestone or a shop to do if he can still drive it and is not over heating

\Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Driving. Going to get coolent now

yes please make sure car been sitting and engine cold before he opens the cap

this is the coolant fill procedure

click on link to view and send it to him to review so he has an idea

It's not low on coolant. They have to run diagnosis tomorrow

ok ,we either have heater core clogged up or the blend door actuator inside the dash are reversing from hot to cold

the heater core will be expensive but the door actuator will be way cheaper

$1000 on heater core and around $250 for actuators

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Subaru Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat