Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 2018 Crosstrek sometimes fails to respond to acceleration…

Customer Question
My 2018 Crosstrek sometimes...

My 2018 Crosstrek sometimes fails to respond to acceleration request. this appears to be random but at lower or stopped speeds. I can't recreate recreate the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

The car is only 11 days old.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Subaru?

It is a 2018 CrossTrek

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything, I wouldn't know where to start.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
11/28/2017
Subaru Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs to be done is to have the accelerator pedal sensor signal checked with a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can monitor this sensors signals when driven.Then when the fault occurs it can be seen if there is an issue with this sensor sending a false or no signal at all intermittently.If it is then it would need to be replaced and can be common to cause this fault.

This should be checked and repaired by a dealer as your vehicle is still under warranty and would be covered at no cost to you.If you tamper with it this can void the warranty on certain components.

Your model may also be set up this way to hesitate on acceleration due to transmission gear position as this was common and nothing could be done to resolve it.But a dealer can check this for you to tell you for sure if anything needs to be replaced to resolve this issue and this is the best thing to do.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician