Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Sorry for my bad english I have a ground fault on my outback…

Customer Question
Hello. sorry for my bad...
Hello. sorry for my bad english I have a ground fault on my outback 2007 model. I have located the fuse for security No. 8 marked with backup. Measured me to the blue and red cable under the fuse holder. have tried to remove one and a fuse in the fuse holder under the steering wheel, but the earth fault did not disappear. do you have any tips to continue troubleshooting?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Subaru
11/27/2017
Subaru Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I'm not 100% certain what you're trying to diagnose but I'm assuming you mean that a power feed circuit is shorted to ground and a fuse is blowing. If a fuse is blowing it's either due to a wiring issue or high current draw in a component on the circuit.

Is fuse 8 blowing repeatedly?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician