Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Subaru 2002 outback. Trying to pop the hood but after the…

Customer Question
Subaru 2002 outback. Trying...

Subaru 2002 outback. Trying to pop the hood but after the inside release I cannot find the release handle. Is it under the logo? It's always been kind of stiff to open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Subaru Outback. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Battery is dead, and I wanted to attach charger cables, but cannot do that without the hood open.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Subaru
11/21/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Yes it is right under the logo, here a video that shows you how, also if your going to charge it make sure you remove the battery cables so no electrical damage occurs to the system while charging

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2001_Subaru_Outback_Limited_2.5L_4_Cyl._Wagon/hood/open_the_hood

Video answered my question. I am hoping this did not cost me $24. What must I do to get money back?

So I work hard as a 3rd party contractor and not for just answers so im on my own time providing you with information, nothing is for free, but if you feel that a refund is in order and I shouldnt get paid for my valuable time then call customer service, but if think a hard working person should get compensated for their 20+ years of knowledge please rate me 5 stars

I dont get paid unless you rate me