Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

New 2017 Legacy Limited. Four times now, the car has made a…

New 2017 Legacy Limited...

New 2017 Legacy Limited. Four times now, the car has made a very loud metallic grating noise; car beeps(like an alert); and the car stops itself. Has always happened at low speeds and both driving forward and going in reverse. Am told it must be rock in the brakes or something like that. Don't believe rock could cause these symptoms, esp the beeping and the car stopping. Help.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?

2200 miles and all original brakes/parts. car only a few months old.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Took it to dealer. He automatically said it was rocks. when i asked if rocks would cause the beep and the car to come to a stop, he said no.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Problem never happened at high speeds. Cannot replicate the problem at will.

11/21/2017
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

You may need to get them to install a VDR that records events so they have diagnostic tool information to look at when this occurs. I believe from your description that the ABS/traction control system is detecting an incorrect wheel speed signal and activating causing this concern. It is not a rock.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hi Chris...my husband who asked the question , is not here at this time but will be by 3:00. Thanks for the information ...but I know he will want to get back to you himself when he gets home them.

No problem at all, that is the time I log off but I come back later tonight.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Is there a history of this problem with 2017 Subaru Legacy? Have you seen this problem before in Subarus?

The vehicle is to new for there to be history of issues yet.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician