Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Alternator not charging, battery light is NOT on but comes…

Customer Question
Alternator not charging, battery...

Alternator not charging, battery light is NOT on but comes on when ignition switch turned to on without engine running.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

Newer battery, swapped alternator with my other subie works fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2002 imprezza

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, new alternator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Alternator light is not on when engine is running

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Subaru
11/21/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Amedee, Subaru Technician replied 7 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Subaru Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you.

Have you checked all of the fuses?

Are you looking for some possible causes?