Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Have a Subaru Liberty 2003 2 litre have replaced fuel pump…

Customer Question
Hi have a Subaru...

Hi have a Subaru Liberty 2003 2 litre have replaced fuel pump no worries but every no and then it won’t start leave it for a bit retry and usually starts have checked fuse but is there a fuel pump relay that may be faulty and if so were is it located

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?

New battery 135

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing my self bought it with fuel pump not working replaced that just won’t start every now and then walk away for 10 minutes come back starts

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/21/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this today.

So there is a relay that controls the pump power supply, and from what you have described it sounds like you may in fact have a relay that is overheating. Check the relay and see if it is getting hot, if so go ahead and replace it and then retest the system. The relay for these is usually located up and under the driver side dash, it will be to the left side of the pedals

Here is the fuel system schematic file,

Let me know if you have any further questions about this :)

How do I no which relay is for the fuel pump it is right hand drive Australia
Okay I did not see that it was an Australian model, I am unsure of the setup on that, so i will opt out and open this up to a new expert
Subaru Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you still need help?