Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My lift gate will not open and alarm sounds while driving.

Customer Question
My lift gate will...

My lift gate will not open and alarm sounds while driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?

2017 outback is modle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

E battery was drained over night due to interior light left on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that the lift gate not opperating with alarm sounding during regular operations and battery was drained over night

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 8 months ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Hi,it sounds like the gate lost programming,try this,first hold release button and raise gate manually all the way lower gate manually and rest it on striker the gate should automatically latch.The gate should be programmed now give it a try and let me know,thanks