Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My sons 2015 outback wont start and thinks he locked the…

My sons 2015 outback...

My sons 2015 outback wont start and thinks he locked the security system, any ideas, and the steering wheel won't turn....just finished*****to Maine and needs to drive home...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

He got the steering wheel to turn and left car and locked and unlocked the doors with remote, but when he turns the key nothing...all lights and radio work fine...any ideas..

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

Steering tight and brake tight

11/17/2017
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,thanks for your question.The battery would be my next move ,you may have enough voltage to run radio and other accessories but not enough to crank over engine a jump start would be my next move.I'll be here to continue ,thanks

your right...tow truck gave him a jump start..

Glad he, is on his way,the battery may be covered under 3/36 if the vehicle still falls within these parameters.

tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician