Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

Just bought a used 06 Tribeca and engine light came on along

Customer Question
with cruise not working now...
just bought a used 06 Tribeca and engine light came on along with cruise not working now and traction light on. It seems that this is common when check engine light is on...the code said there were 3 coils out but they had replaced all 6...what should I do???
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Cruise light blinks
JA: Are you fixing your Tribeca yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I havent done anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. thats it!
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Subaru
11/16/2017
Subaru Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 28 days ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

what were the fault codes please?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I don't have the numbers, but it was with 3 of the coils....they told me they replaced all of them but 2,3 and 6 I believe was what it said.

if all they did is replace the coils without troubleshooting the issue, I.E. testing the input and output voltages and grounds for the coils, I would be asking for my money back

there's more to testing a component than just replacing a part and hoping it fixes the issues.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
can you tell me what I need to do? Is it something I need to take to a dealer to fix?

If you could tell me the fault code numbers I can tell you what you need to do.

are you familiar with electrical troubleshooting?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No Im afraid not

ok, then the only thing you can do yourself is to check a couple of fuses. allow me a few minutes to let you know which ones.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ok
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ok I will have to check later. Thank you.

you're welcome. please keep me posted. Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic