Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

2018 Subaru Forester navigational voice no on, checked in…

Customer Question
2018 Subaru Forester navigational voice...
2018 Subaru Forester navigational voice no on, checked in owners manual can’t find a solution. Checked stetting and volume with no results.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Subaru
11/15/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great! My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this today.

So it sounds to me like we may have a software malfunction inside the navigation/radio module. If you have already checked the settings and adjusted the volume and still have no sound then that tells me the radio is not sending the proper signal. Seeing as it is a 2018 this is something that your dealer will be able to get taken care of for you free of charge :) Let me know if you have any further questions :)

It worked on two other occasions but just stopped working on my last attempt would this fit with you conclusion. Thanks

Yes that sounds correct, it seems as if something in the software is lagging and causing this issue

According to Subaru the radio has nothing to do with the navigation system.

Hmm, that is strange that they told you that. I am unsure at this point, as all the Subarus I have worked on have had the navigation running through the radio. I will open this up for a new expert

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician