Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

2008 Outback, in last two trips, radio would not change

channels for about 10 min...
2008 Outback, in last two trips, radio would not change channels for about 10 min. Today, radio would not light up or go on and neither would the heater/ac control. Again after about 10 min's both came on at same time. Just turned 104,000 miles. besides Ghosts, what are your thoughts. Thanks
11/15/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok so the system should be reset and checked, do this by removing neg bat cable then positive touch both terminals together for 1 min wait 30 more reinstall positive then neg and try again, if radio is still acting up the radio nees to be pulled and checked for power and ground and connector issues

OK, Will this reset work for the heater controls as well, do you think?

its worth a try, whats going on with them?

Now, both won't come on until about 10 min's after I start driving. first it was only the radio, today it was heater controls as well

yes try the reset and see how she does

very good, any way if it doesn't, can i ask for you or how do I get back with you.

you can just access this conversation again and we can figure things out

Thanks,

sure thing!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Sorry, did not realize I needed to reply again..