Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2013 Subaru legacy limited. The Am/FM volume just…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 Subaru legacy limited. The Am/FM volume just went out but the SAT volume works normally

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well, I have turned the volume up and down, turned I the radio on and off and pressed a few buttons so I haven't done much work..

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

I have not. I just got this car so where is the fuse and which one should I check?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it. I do have an uncut transponder key that needs cut and programmed but I will either take to the dealer or find a locksmith.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
11/14/2017
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 8 months ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,thanks for your question.Does this have a touch screen?

no just tell me what is needed

Try this first,this is basically a procedure we use to reboot the reboot radio and all electrical components,remove both the positive and negative battery cables,touch both cables together for 1 minute then reinstall them this will basically reboot the system and should allow the volume to work normally,thanks

ok thanks

Your welcome!