Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

I have a 2013 Subaru legacy limited. The Am/FM volume just

Customer Question
went out but the SAT...
i have a 2013 Subaru legacy limited. The Am/FM volume just went out but the SAT volume works normally
JA: Are you fixing your Legacy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, I have turned the volume up and down, turned I the radio on and off and pressed a few buttons so I haven't done much work..
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: I have not. I just got this car so where is the fuse and which one should I check?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it. I do have an uncut transponder key that needs cut and programmed but I will either take to the dealer or find a locksmith.
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Subaru
11/14/2017
Subaru Mechanic: tamaz, Subaru master technician replied 29 days ago
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician

Hi,thanks for your question.Does this have a touch screen?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
no just tell me what is needed

Try this first,this is basically a procedure we use to reboot the reboot radio and all electrical components,remove both the positive and negative battery cables,touch both cables together for 1 minute then reinstall them this will basically reboot the system and should allow the volume to work normally,thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok thanks

Your welcome!

tamaz
tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician