Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

I have a 2003 Subaru Baja. The right turn signal flashes…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 Subaru Baja. The right turn signal flashes faster than the left. he Right rear signal light is new, and does not flash, but front flashes faster, the same as the dash. When I try the hazard light, all work except the right rear.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Fuses are good, dash blubs are working

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Baja yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am working on the car myself. I replaced both rear signal bulbs, 168 bulb, I checked the fuses, I tried have depressing the turn signal lever, and the right rear signal still does not flash.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think you have the info

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
11/12/2017
Subaru Mechanic: john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

have you checked the right rear bulb to see if its the correct bulb and the filaments are good?

are you getting power to the socket? have you verified power with a test light or volt meter

I hate repeating myself. I replaced BOTH bulbs, both light-up, all four turn signal lights are lite. However, when I turn the signal over to turn right, the right dash light blinks faster than when I turn left. When I turn on the hazard light switch, all lights flash at the normal speed, except for the right rear light stays on and does not flash.
Subaru Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Subaru Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Subaru Mechanic

sorry for the delay, but your question explanation has changed:
You originally posted:
The right turn signal flashes faster than the left. he Right rear signal light is new, and does not flash, but front flashes faster, the same as the dash. When I try the hazard light, all work except the right rear.
??>

.

You now post:
I replaced BOTH bulbs, both light-up, all four turn signal lights are lite. However, when I turn the signal over to turn right, the right dash light blinks faster than when I turn left. When I turn on the hazard light switch, all lights flash at the normal speed, except for the right rear light stays on and does not flash.

??

.

IF the Right Rear is NOT lit up or does NOT flash, then it is either the Bulb, Socket or the wiring
You need to remove the Right Rear Light Bulb & test the Socket connectors while the Right Blinker is ON
IF there is Pulse Voltage, then the Bulb is bad or the Bulb is NOT making connection correctly
IF there is NO Pulse Voltage then the Socket or wires are bad

OK, let me get this straight. In my car, the right rear light IS ON, but IS NOT flashing. So, you're telling me the bulb is bad? Both left and right bulbs are NEW, installed 4 hours ago. So, once again, you're telling me the bulb is bad? Then, why is the right front bulb flashing rapidly? Both right front and rear are ON, but only the front is flashing, and flashing rapidly.

Please reread my answer.......
I suggested the Bulb is BAD, "IF" it is connected properly & you have "pulse Voltage" at the Connector with Turn Signal ON
The reason the Front & Dash Light is "flashing rapidly", is because the "circuit" is not completed thru the Flasher, letting you know you have a Bulb Out or a circuit problem
I cannot touch or see you vehicle, so I depend on you for information

thanks

.

I'm still waiting for an answer as to how to fix the problem. So far, I've been charged $24 to repeat the same information 3 times.I'll set this out step-by-step:
1. All light bulbs are new.
2. The right rear turn signal does not blink, it remains on, no blink. Current flows through the connectors.
3. The left lights function normally
4. The right rear signal and rail lights do not flash when I turn on the warning switch. All other lights flash normally when the warning light button is pushed.
So, could the signal relay be defective?

You have NOT been charged anything except a "DEPOSIT", which is fully refundable IF you do NOT use it.

I will OPT OUT & Relist, as you have not posted any testing that I recommended.
Do not respond to this, as it will LOCK the question
IF someone else can help, they will post here

thanks