Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

When we have locked up our car, the headlights are not going…

Customer Question
When we have locked...

When we have locked up our car, the headlights are not going off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

We are out of town. It is night and we don't know how to do that. If the bulbs were bad, they would go out!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Subaru?

2017.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. we look to see if anything looks abnormal and we keep opening the car and shutting the door, locking the door and waiting. The headlights still stay on and on and on,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We need help!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
11/12/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mike V., Subaru Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The headlights usually don't retain any power when the ignition switch is off. There is a switch on top of the steering column behind the steering wheel that might have gotten bumped. If it's on then the lights will stay on. Can you check this for me and see if it's the problem?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

The car also has a welcome lighting function, the lights will remain on for at least 3 minutes. The amount of time they stay on can be adjusted by the dealer, this works whenever you remove the key or turn the car off with the button if it's a push button start.

I hadn't heard back from you and wondered if you needed more help with this?