Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

Not sure this is where to ask its regarding a 2015 outback…

Customer Question
Not sure this is...

Not sure this is where to ask its regarding a 2015 outback and setting up Bluetooth. I go to Home, then to Settings and the screen comes up however the Bluetooth and Phone options are not lit up like the rest of

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the screen under settings the different options are illuminated except the Bluetooth and the Phone options so if you touch them they do not respond as the other illuminated options do when touched.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

We just bought it used Saturday from Subaru dealer in Lafayette IN, so my wife dives 120 miles a day and wants to use the Bluetooth so I go out to set up today and no luck, so yes I am trying to figure it out myself and not sure what to try. any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Love the car overall, first Subaru,

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Subaru
11/7/2017
Subaru Mechanic: Mike S., Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Did you try making sure Bluetooth is set to on, on the phone first?

I assume this is the starlink. Is it with or without navigation and is it 6.2" or 7"?

Check out the Bluetooth® Compatibility, Check to see which of your devices will pair with your vehicle’s Bluetooth and the Bluetooth® Pairing Instructions, Follow these simple steps to pair your phone with your SUBARU STARLINK head unit here https://www.subaru.com/owners/index.html#