Subaru

Have Subaru questions? Ask a Subaru mechanic and get answers ASAP

My 2016 outback is steering is locked and will not start…

Customer Question
My 2016 outback is...

My 2016 outback is steering is locked and will not start Subaru roadside service was unable to help the computer just said steering wheel locked we tried everything battery is full charge and steering wheel will not turn to the right to release and we also have no inside or outside lights and the car is parked in the garage and the wheels will not move and it can not be towed

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

Yes we have

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

The Subaru roadside service can and tried everything, put his computer on it was here for two hours and nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We went online to try to get additional help and nothing and we live 70 plus miles from the dealership we purchased it from we are hopeless - we are check the fuses now, but they are hard to get to if you have big hands I have already paid the deposit

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Subaru
10/29/2017
Subaru Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was there an actual fault code set for the steering wheel lock?

Let me know,thanks Pete