Subaru

Have Subaru Questions? Ask a Subaru Mechanic and Get Answers ASAP

Subaru

How often does timing belt need to be replaced on Subaru

forester? specifically 2012? JA: How many...
How often does timing belt need to be replaced on Subaru forester? specifically 2012?
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: 83K
JA: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. Looking to buy used forester. Had a 2005 and the belt went at 160K. Blew the engine. Told they should be replaced every 50K. Also told the newer ones now have timing chains instead of belts
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Looking at a 2012 forester premium. Appears to be in good shape. Would like to get it for about $10K. Is that unrealistic?
10/20/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

hi is the a turbo engine ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I don't think so

the price is not bad at all if the car is in good shape it would be a good buy ., the belt is due every 60.00 miles

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do newer models (2014 and up) have chains instead?

sorry it should be inspected at 60,000 and replace at 105.000 miles

yes 14 and up do use chains

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the info!

your welcome please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician